Communication happens throughout the day in every context that a child or young person spends time in. Optimal development of speech, language and communication skills occurs when everyone who spends time with a children or young people is able to interact in a way that stimulates and supports development.
Training the children’s workforce is an integral part of the role of Speech and Language Therapy. Hackney Speech and Language therapists run courses administered through the Hackney Learning Trust
The SaLT team are also able to run bespoke courses administered directly by the service. A sample of topics that can be covered include:
- Parent / Adult child interaction
- Behavioural difficulties and communication skills
- Ensuring communication friendly environments in classrooms
- Autism awareness
- Specific Language Impairment
- Spoken language, literacy and learning
- Healthy voices
Please contact us to outline your requirements.